Saturday, May 29, 2010

Blue Birdcage Dress Painting


As promised, here are the details of the birds from the 'Blue Birdcage Dress' painting. Notice the areas toward the left and to the top that are out of focus. I dropped my camera a while back and it fell with the lens open. I just noticed that the lens is a little crooked and makes things out of focus on one side. I really need a new camera....hmm....






The lighter yellow color you see in the detail above is more true to the actual painting. I did the painting on paper and just adhered it to a panel. Couldn't get rid of all of the air bubbles...unfortunate. I'll have to try to do something about that if possible.

5 comments:

  1. I hear the fluttering of wings and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is an interesting color change from bottom to top. It appears that the dress is emptying out of the top. Almost like the dress is a bottle or vessel that was full and is now over flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the air bubbles give the background more texture. And depth.

    ReplyDelete